Sew A Classic Rebecca Page Kingston Jacket by Sew Love Bunny
NOTE: THIS COURSE IS NOT SKILLSFUTURE CLAIMABLE.
SEW LOVE BUNNY X FASHION MAKERSPACE
4 session course total 18 hours
Everybody loves the Kingston Jacket and how cool is it to sew your own? This is a wear-everywhere jacket and a must-have in all wardrobe! Don’t miss the fun and book early for a slot. Participants will learn how to sew the classic Kingston Jacket licenced by Rebecca Page. The sewing sequence will be taught step-by-step and you will see yourself making progress.
This jacket features:
6 pieces front panels & 3 pieces back panels
Front & back yokes
Pockets with pocket flaps
Collar with optional top-stitched pattern
Traditional 2-parts long sleeves
Waistband and waistband taps
Metal snap fasteners
What You’ll Learn:
• Preparation & assembly of all the various pattern pieces.
• Sewing flat fell seams which is traditionally used for denim jacket where the raw edges are hidden and this method make very strong seam.
• Top stitching using thicker decorative thread to give a beautiful finish to the flat fell seams.
• To use overlocking machine for the professional look.
• Installing snap fasteners
Things to Bring
• 3m woven fabric – Medium weight cotton or light-weight denim not heavier than 12oz
• 1 spool matching sewing thread
• 2 spools Top-stitch thread
• 13 sets Snapped fasteners (15mm size)
All sewing tools & domestic machines provided.
Not included are : Fabric, thread, top-stitched thread and snap fasteners.
You will choose your size for sewing.
Chest measurement XXS 32 inches to 4XL 59 inches.
Trainer will contact you 2 weeks prior to class commencement.
This is for advanced-beginner to intermediate who can operate a sewing machine independently and has successfully completed a few sewing projects.
ABOUT SEW LOVE BUNNY:
Dot is an ACTA certified trainer who has been sewing since age 16. She’s passionate about sewing, has a friendly personality and well-liked by many of her students. You can certainly look forward to an enjoyable learning experience.