INT Sewing & Patternmaking: Top & Skirt (Series of 10)
Students enrolling in this class should have taken our Sewing & Pattern making Basic: Womenswear or Sewing & Pattern making Basic: Dress class, otherwise, please contact us to discuss your level of experience.
We bring you this carefully crafted levelled-up version to enhance your skills from basic to become independently more advanced!
10 sessions for a total of 30 hours
Disclaimer: The date that you booked may be postponed if that date has fewer than 2 student signups.
Once a week (same time each week) except for express courses.
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided. Please bring along your master body/skirt block, quarter-scale artcard and Basic notes on your first day. You will be briefed on the materials needed after the first class session.
Learnt the dress or top & skirt Basic class previously? Now master how to create manipulations from your basic blocks. We will cover skirt manipulation techniques to design your own skirt; create skirts with beautiful pin-tucks, pleats or yokes and other design details, making them look boutique-bought and fully lined.
We combine various techniques of manipulating your top and sleeves to include a placket, yoke, cuff with various collars to turn it into a shirt or blouse! Brimming with methods to fulfil your design aspirations, approach sewing & patternmaking like never before!
We’ll make it as easy-to-understand as we can!
In addition to class hours, courses include ONE optional replacement class; additional studio time is charged at $30/hr .
What You’ll Learn:
- Patternmaking techniques to add design details to skirt: pleats, yokes, lining, design lines, etc
- How to turn your top into a blouse or shirt complete with cuffs, sleeves, plackets and collars
- Manipulate your sleeves to create volume for puff or flare, or overlap to turn it into a tulip, or just simply add a cuff to finish off
- Grasp patternmaking approaches to use them on your own in the future to create more advanced designs
- How to sew up your designed top and skirt
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 mins early if possible.