BASIC Sewing & Patternmaking: Dress (Series of 8)
THIS CLASS IS SKILLSFUTURE CLAIMABLE
8 session course total 20 hours (2.5 hour class)
We hear you! Yes, we love our dresses too! In this intensive basic foundation class, you will learn how to take accurate measurements, draft a dress from scratch, and install a lining! Covering a variety of necklines, skirt variations and adding sleeves, construct a figure-flattering and sophisticated dress complete with beautiful finishes.
Perfect for all body shapes and sizes! Build confidence in your sewing skills and learn how to add a lining and install a concealed zipper.
Develop the skills you need to move on to more complicated pieces to create fit & dimension.
Pick up dressmaking tricks-of-the-trade with our easy-to-understand lessons in small class sizes taught by friendly trainers!
**All drafting materials are provided and you do not need to bring anything on the first day of class. Fabrics and zippers are not provided but will be advised accordingly after the 2nd class.
What You’ll Learn:
- Take accurate body measurements
- Customize your own dress block and pick up the skills to do for others too!
- Learn patternmaking variations in necklines, skirts, and learn how to draw a sleeve from scratch.
- Sewing construction techniques include invisible zipper installation, assembling panels and concealing finishes with a lining
- Pick up finishing skills and techniques to make your garment look polished and immaculately done on both the outside & the inside.
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 mins early if possible.
In addition to class hours, courses include ONE optional replacement class; additional studio time is charged at $30/hr.
SKILLSFUTURE CLAIM: Click here after booking your course with us to make your claim and email us at email@example.com to send us your Claim ID. You may also follow the directions on how to claim for Skillsfuture here.