Sewing Techniques: Hemming
1 session course for a total of 3 hours
Our machine Hemming Techniques workshop will show you how to finish raw edges and give any sewing project a luxurious finish.Learn how to create a variety of hems by machine & leave confident with your samples to remind yourself of these techniques. Give your garments that extra touch of handmade with these simple & professional finishes.
We will cover these hemming techniques:
- Mitered corner with trimming inserts
- Bias-binding curved hems
- Blind Hemming by Machine
- Baby hem domestic technique (Small rolled hem)
- Trouser cuff hemming
What You’ll Learn:
- Different Hemming types & uses
- How to press and prepare your fabric before hemming
- Various types of hem finishes & tricks and tips for easy construction
- Finishing & edge-stitching techniques
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 mins early if possible
Start to build your sewing construction technique reference book. This class is part of a sewing technique add-on series & you may take any of the construction series that you wish. All supplies included in cost of class.