Kidswear: Girl’s Sundress K201 (Series of 4)
THIS CLASS IS SKILLSFUTURE CLAIMABLE
If you’ve done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques, you are ready for this class. If you’re not familiar with the sewing machine, click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
4 session workshop total 12 hours
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & zipper not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended.
For your first class, please bring an 8 inch concealed zipper & 1 metre of non-stretch cotton fabric + 0.5m for a contrast collar if desired. Do get in touch for any clarifications.
3 sizes suitable for 1-2yrs, 3-4yrs, 5-6yrs (**IMPT: If your measurements falls more than 3cm of this range, please call us at 8139 7787 or email us at email@example.com at least 1 week before the class start date to create a customised draft. Additional charges may apply.)
This dress has a round neckline with a generous Peter-pan collar & ribbon front closure. In a sun dress style, it is sleeveless, with ruching on the bodice and fastens with a concealed zipper in the back. You will learn how to neatly finish the dress with an all-in-one inner facing. This versatile dress would team with many different coloured cardigans and shoes; worn on its own or with a pair of lightweight tights underneath on cooler days.
What You’ll Learn:
- An overview and basic understanding of kidswear pattern reading.
- Pattern layout and cutting techniques
- How to press & prepare interfacing for garment pieces
- Operate and utilize domestic sewing machine.
- Operate domestic overlock machine to bind edges
- Assemble and insert concealed zipper.
- Prep & assemble fabric for ruching techniques.
- How to install bias-bound ribbon around neckline.
- Various seaming methods & tips, including topstitching and hem finishes.
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 mins early if possible. Please note that if you require more than the stipulated class time, there will be an additional $15/hr (GST incl.) charge for a make up session done on a separate day.
Minimum 2 pax to start the class.
SKILLSFUTURE CLAIM: Click here after booking your course with us to make your claim and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your Claim ID. You may also follow the directions on how to claim for Skillsfuture here.