Sewing & Patternmaking INT: Cheongsam (Series of 7)
We suggest taking our Sewing & Pattern making Basic: Womenswear class before this class, otherwise, please contact us to discuss your level of experience.
For the first class, please remember to bring along your Master Bodice Block and your booklet from our Sewing & Pattern-making Basic course.
7 session course total 25.5 hours (3.5 – 4 hour class)
Please note that the first 2 sessions will be 4 hours, and next 5 sessions will be 3.5 hours.
A dressmaker’s classic piece to add to their skillset- a beautifully fitted cheongsam drafted to your own measurements.
Flaunt your curves with your very own tailored cheongsam. Complete with full lining, mandarin collar, cap sleeves and a flattering slit, this traditional silhouette never goes out of style! Using intermediate techniques with manipulating darts, curves and installing a discreet invisible zipper opening on the side, take your sewing and handwork skills to another level.
Develop the skills you need to move on to more complicated pieces to create fit & dimension.
Pick up dressmaking tricks-of-the-trade with our easy-to-understand lessons in small class sizes taught by friendly trainers!
What You’ll Learn:
- Understand how to develop basic dress patterns with dart manipulation
- How to draft & construct your own cheongsam with cap sleeves according to your own body measurements
- Sewing construction techniques include invisible zipper installation with lining, mandarin collar, a finished slit opening.
- Developing finishing skills to make your garment look polished and immaculately done on both the outside & the inside.
WHAT TO BRING
- Basic Pattern Block and measurements (for both regular & express students)
- Only for express students (only when stated) to bring on the first day: 2 meters of cotton fabric for the outer layer, 2 meters of lightweight cotton voile and an 18″ invisible zipper. Plastic snap buttons and 2-3 cheongsam buttons of your own liking can be purchased later on towards the last lesson.
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 mins early if possible.
Minimum 2 pax. to start the class.
In addition to class hours, courses include ONE optional replacement class; additional studio time is charged at $30/hr.