If you’ve done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques, you are ready for this class. If you’ve never or barely touched a machine, click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
3 session workshop total 9hrs
Boxy Top Pattern in 3 sizes: S, M, L
* Chest Measurements ( Measured AROUND the Chest ) : 82cm – 110cm
**IMPT: If your measurements fall out of this range, please call us at 68025482 or email us at email@example.com to pre-arrange. Additional charges may apply.
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & buttons not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended.
For your first class, please bring along 4-6 large buttons (2-3cm diameter) & 2 metre of non-stretch cotton fabric.
If you would like the garment to have 2 contrasting fabrics, get 1.5m of one fabric and 0.5m of another. Do get in touch for any clarifications.
BOXY TOP with shoulder button closure
This simple top is a great lesson in reading & using custom or commercial patterns! We'll cover creating a blouse that’s easy to match with a variety of bottoms & versatile from day-to-night. In this 3 session workshop chock full of tricks-of-the-trade, you will also get to use a domestic serger to overlock edges, plus how to create buttonhole details & simple neckline facing for a touch of luxe!
What You'll Learn
- Use the tools necessary for sewing.
- Basic understanding of reading patterns & applying their uses.
- Pattern laying & cutting
- Handling & usage of domestic overlock machine
- Clean-finishing fabric edges.
- Seaming & topstitching techniques
- Neckline finishes with facing.
- How to stabilize fabric and create buttonholes with the machine