Kidswear: Boys’ Casual Shirt K301 (Series of 4)
If you’ve done some sewing but want to learn professional techniques, you are ready for this class. If you’re not familiar with the sewing machine, click here for our Fashion Sewing 101 class.
4 session workshop total 12 hours
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided.
Fabric & zipper not included – Non-stretch cotton fabrics recommended.
For your first class, please bring 6 small buttons (0.8-1.5cm diameter) & 1 metre of non-stretch cotton fabric (60inch width)/ 1.5 metre of non-stretch cotton fabric (45inch width). Do get in touch for any clarifications.
3 sizes suitable for 1-2yrs, 3-4yrs, 5-6yrs (**IMPT: If your measurements fall out of this range, please call us at 68025482 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-arrange.)
Make a boys’ casual shirt, complete with a mandarin collar & short sleeves.
Upgrade his casual style with a dashing short-sleeve, summery button-up shirt. Featuring a classic stand mandarin-collar, front button closure and shirt yoke – this is a relaxed fit comfortable for everyday wear!
What You’ll Learn:
- An overview and basic understanding of kidswear pattern reading.
- Pattern layout and cutting techniques
- How to press & prepare interfacing for garment pieces
- Operate and utilize domestic sewing machine.
- Operate domestic overlock machine to bind edges
- Learn how to prep and assemble short sleeves
- Prep & assemble hawaiian/spread-collar point.
- Various seaming methods & tips, including topstitching and hem finishes.
- Buttonhole assembly via sewing machine
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 mins early if possible